Discussion Forum and Mailing List

The FCA has created online forums to encourage discussion and the exchange of ideas and experiences among funeral consumers. Note that you must be a registered user of the site in order to post to the forum threads. To register, visit our home page and click "create an account" on the lower left-hand corner. There's also a Help section in the forums you can click on below.

For those who want a more detailed discussion with funeral consumer advocates and concerned industry people, try our email-based discussion list. To join the list, email: join-deathcare@hades.listmoms.netNOTE! - you must put the word gazelle in the subject line (this cuts down on spam-bots trying to join the list).

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Burial At Sea Casket

Burial At Sea Casket 17 Dec 2008 08:31 #174

• Lewis Sponagle
G'Day Mates,

I am down here on the Caribbean Island of St Croix, and it is likely I will croak here. I have requested that my earthly remains be buried at sea, and hope now to build a casket suitable, convenient and legal for the occasion.

I am thinking that such a box would have to have space included to hold concrete slabs that would counter the buoyancy of the wood, else I am liable to wash up on a beautiful beach and ruin a perfect holiday for someone.

Before I approach the local "Diggers", might someone enlighten me as to specs that should be considered?

I am presently figuring that a 2ft x 2ft x 6ft - 6" box should do it (It will find interim use as a storage box for the new "made-in-China" 10ft Christmas tree). I would pre-pour the concrete slabs, probably 20" x 20" x 2", and temporarily use them as stepping stones in the garden.

But all that is speculation. Anyone out there with real experience and information?

Thanks

Lew Sponagle
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds