Discussion Forum and Mailing List

The FCA has created online forums to encourage discussion and the exchange of ideas and experiences among funeral consumers. Note that you must be a registered user of the site in order to post to the forum threads. To register, visit our home page and click "create an account" on the lower left-hand corner. There's also a Help section in the forums you can click on below.

For those who want a more detailed discussion with funeral consumer advocates and concerned industry people, try our email-based discussion list. To join the list, email: join-deathcare@hades.listmoms.netNOTE! - you must put the word gazelle in the subject line (this cuts down on spam-bots trying to join the list).

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Private Family Burial Help Needed!!!!!!

Private Family Burial Help Needed!!!!!! 11 May 2009 09:04 #206

• JOYandSORROW
Hello,
I have a question about a private family burial I hope someone can help me with. A friend of mine is planning on burying his father soon. His remains have already been cremated and the family is not interested in using a funeral home or any type of minister but they are planning to bury his remains in a cemetary. I guess the main questions are:
Is there a specific/proper way of doing this?
What is the proper way of going about this?
Are there any guidelines/rules/etiquette that should be followed?
They want to keep this very simple and as private as possible.
We live in the state of Illinois if that helps.
Thank you for any help!!!!
-JOYandSORROW
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Private Family Burial Help Needed!!!!!! 19 May 2009 11:35 #210

Hi there,

Remember in time-sensitive situations to send us an email directly by hitting the contact us button on the front page.

Good news - there's no requirement to hire a funeral director to bury the cremated remains. The family can arrange this any way they want with the cemetery and the minister, and there aren't any state rules they have to follow. I hope this eases your mind.

Josh Slocum
FCA Exec. Director
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds