Discussion Forum and Mailing List

The FCA has created online forums to encourage discussion and the exchange of ideas and experiences among funeral consumers. Note that you must be a registered user of the site in order to post to the forum threads. To register, visit our home page and click "create an account" on the lower left-hand corner. There's also a Help section in the forums you can click on below.

For those who want a more detailed discussion with funeral consumer advocates and concerned industry people, try our email-based discussion list. To join the list, email: join-deathcare@hades.listmoms.netNOTE! - you must put the word gazelle in the subject line (this cuts down on spam-bots trying to join the list).

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to reduce the cost of funeral?

How to reduce the cost of funeral? 05 Jun 2009 03:44 #221

• gavinzmick
Can anyone tell me, How to reduce the cost of funeral? When funerals so expensive.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How to reduce the cost of funeral? 05 Jun 2009 17:33 #222

This Funeral Consumers Alliance web site is an excellent source of consumer information and suggestions for reducing the cost of funerals. A good place to start learning is to check out the FAQ (frequently asked questions) section, particularly for Funeral Arrangements at < www.funerals.org/frequently-asked-questi...funeral-arrangements >.

The biggest cost savings can be realized by not having the body of the deceased present at the funeral ceremony or memorial service by using immediate burial, cremation, or body donation to a medical school for final disposition. Beyond that, the cost really goes up. The choice is yours

The real secret to reducing the cost of funerals is to comparison shop, just as you would for a car or a refrigerator. SHOP BEFORE YOU DROP.

Ed (Funeral Consumers Alliance of North Texas)

Re:How to reduce the cost of funeral? 06 Jun 2009 01:48 #223

• gavinzmick
I am waiting for reply. while making funeral of our loved once we notice that funeral become quite expensive. So what can we do at that time?

Re:How to reduce the cost of funeral? 07 Jun 2009 21:04 #225

• gavinzmick
Hello Edmcham,

Thanks for giving your precious time to provide me information.

Mick

Re:How to reduce the cost of funeral? 09 Jun 2009 00:32 #228

• gavinzmick
As I am looking information on funeral pre planning I here about estate planning but I am not sure about it. So can anyone tell me what is estate funeral planning?

Re:How to reduce the cost of funeral? 09 Jun 2009 01:48 #229

Check out these following web links:

==========

ElderLawAnswers
Estate Planning
Last Updated: 1/4/2009

tinyurl.com/ljbhdh

==========

Google Search Results ("estate planning": past year)

tinyurl.com/n2zfmz

==========

Google Search Results ("estate planning" site:funerals.org)

tinyurl.com/m85vam
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds