Discussion Forum and Mailing List

The FCA has created online forums to encourage discussion and the exchange of ideas and experiences among funeral consumers. Note that you must be a registered user of the site in order to post to the forum threads. To register, visit our home page and click "create an account" on the lower left-hand corner. There's also a Help section in the forums you can click on below.

For those who want a more detailed discussion with funeral consumer advocates and concerned industry people, try our email-based discussion list. To join the list, email: join-deathcare@hades.listmoms.netNOTE! - you must put the word gazelle in the subject line (this cuts down on spam-bots trying to join the list).

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Visitation and viewing at home with infant death

Visitation and viewing at home with infant death 14 Jul 2011 20:27 #493

I am a Labor & Delivery nurse and Perinatal Loss Coordinator. I am also a bereavement educator, and part of a movement to support parents in bringing their baby's body home for a time before they make final disposition. This is common practice in New Zealand but certainly not offered or encouraged here. I do not believe there are any laws that prohibit this experence but would like to know what resources I can use to help build a policy & procedure at our institute that makes this a viable option for bereaved parents.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Visitation and viewing at home with infant death 10 Aug 2011 23:09 #514

Thank you for your support, as I delve into the matter it seems I live in a much less restrictive state then most. In Arizona we do not have laws that restrict self transport, home visitation; many states in the US have laws and statues that make even self transport of a family member impossable. I have spent the last 25 years of my career "raising my voice", what is another 25? :o) I will support a parents' right to "parent" their baby in life and in death.

Re: Visitation and viewing at home with infant death 23 Aug 2011 06:26 #523

• Scarlet Reynolds
Your concern is very much appreciated. Good thing there are people like you who feel for these bereaved parents grandparents or siblings struggling to rebuild their lives after the death of their children, grandchildren or siblings.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.580 seconds