Discussion Forum and Mailing List

The FCA has created online forums to encourage discussion and the exchange of ideas and experiences among funeral consumers. Note that you must be a registered user of the site in order to post to the forum threads. To register, visit our home page and click "create an account" on the lower left-hand corner. There's also a Help section in the forums you can click on below.

For those who want a more detailed discussion with funeral consumer advocates and concerned industry people, try our email-based discussion list. To join the list, email: join-deathcare@hades.listmoms.netNOTE! - you must put the word gazelle in the subject line (this cuts down on spam-bots trying to join the list).

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: refrigeration

refrigeration 12 Jun 2014 03:22 #951

:unsure: :angry:
How long can a mortuary legally keep an embalmed body in a room unrefrigerated?

My husband was kept on a table, in front of a window unrefrigerated for twelve days before he was finally cremated, because he was too large to fit in the mortuary's fridge. We were told we couldn't have funeral with a casket because he was deteriorating too rapidly. but, we weren't told he wasn't being refrigerated until after it was too late to move him to another mortuary.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

refrigeration 12 Jun 2014 13:43 #952

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me what state this occurred in; I'll check into the laws and potential remedies.

Josh Slocum
FCA Executive Director
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds