Discussion Forum and Mailing List

The FCA has created online forums to encourage discussion and the exchange of ideas and experiences among funeral consumers. Note that you must be a registered user of the site in order to post to the forum threads. To register, visit our home page and click "create an account" on the lower left-hand corner. There's also a Help section in the forums you can click on below.

For those who want a more detailed discussion with funeral consumer advocates and concerned industry people, try our email-based discussion list. To join the list, email: join-deathcare@hades.listmoms.netNOTE! - you must put the word gazelle in the subject line (this cuts down on spam-bots trying to join the list).

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Death Certificate Efficiency

Re:Death Certificate Efficiency 30 Nov 2011 18:56 #668

angie wrote:
Help! loss my 17yr old daughter in a car accident on 3/30/09. her body was not identified by any family members and we were not allowed to see her prior to creamation. soon to be 3 mos. still dont have a death certificate. talk to the funeral home they send me to the coroner she sends me to the court house, week after week its the same thing "hasnt been filed yet". i wondered if a body could even be creamated w/o a dc. whats the normal on the dc, why am i tracking it down...thought it would come in the mail but when? i need some advice

Yes, cremation is allowed in most states without the death certificate being completed. Once the Medical Examiner or Coroner is satisfied they have gathered all the evidence from the remains such as toxicology results, photographs, etc. they can give permission to cremate the remains.

Otherwise a lot of remains would have to wait months to be cremated.

Only the Medical Examiner or Coroner can help with expediting of the filiing of the original death certificate. The funeral home or State Board cannot take jurisdiction in these matters.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds