Discussion Forum and Mailing List

The FCA has created online forums to encourage discussion and the exchange of ideas and experiences among funeral consumers. Note that you must be a registered user of the site in order to post to the forum threads. To register, visit our home page and click "create an account" on the lower left-hand corner. There's also a Help section in the forums you can click on below.

For those who want a more detailed discussion with funeral consumer advocates and concerned industry people, try our email-based discussion list. To join the list, email: join-deathcare@hades.listmoms.netNOTE! - you must put the word gazelle in the subject line (this cuts down on spam-bots trying to join the list).

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do you use the BIG kit? (Before I Go)

Do you use the BIG kit? (Before I Go) 26 Sep 2008 11:37 #130

This post is on behalf of Harriet Bartnick:

I am doing a survey about the FCA publication, "Before I Go, You Should Know" (aka the BIG kit). I would like to know if you provide it to new members? Are you charging for it? If you don’t use it, why? Has your affiliate developed something you like better? I would appreciate your comments and suggestions. If you’ve developed similar materials and are willing to share with others, please send me an electronic copy. Thanks. Harriet Bartnick, FCA Board Member, This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it < This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it >
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Do you use the BIG kit? (Before I Go) 30 Sep 2008 10:15 #131

We send a BIG kit to each new member. We send two to people who join as a couple. We do this as part of the membership packet of materials and we suggest people keep the kit in their refrigerator or freezer since it is often spared during a hurricane or fire.

We do not charge for the kit. We consider it part of the suggested membership donation of $25 for a single or $30 for a couple. We have supplied the kits to those who join us and don't pay the $25. Of our 202 members, only 4 have paid less than the suggested amount. Two people paid 0 and two paid $15. We present gift memberships to our speakers at our annual meeting. We have done that 4 times. We also supplied a free kit to a member who requested an additional one and sent in no money.

We insert one sheet into the BIG kit that is an advanced directive for pain control.

I'll be interested to see the results of this survey.

Re:Do you use the BIG kit? (Before I Go) 01 Oct 2008 09:08 #132

• fcawp
FCA of Western PA offers the BIG kit for sale via our membership application, the "book store" section of our web site, at a table with other literature at our annual meeting, and occasionally via an order form in our newsletter. It is not included automatically with membership.
  • Page:
Moderators: pshaughnessy
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds