Discussion Forum and Mailing List

The FCA has created online forums to encourage discussion and the exchange of ideas and experiences among funeral consumers. Note that you must be a registered user of the site in order to post to the forum threads. To register, visit our home page and click "create an account" on the lower left-hand corner. There's also a Help section in the forums you can click on below.

For those who want a more detailed discussion with funeral consumer advocates and concerned industry people, try our email-based discussion list. To join the list, email: join-deathcare@hades.listmoms.netNOTE! - you must put the word gazelle in the subject line (this cuts down on spam-bots trying to join the list).

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Costs Surveys for Funeral Homes?

Costs Surveys for Funeral Homes? 22 Mar 2010 16:03 #321

I'm not sure if I'm asking or commenting on this on the right board ... I was not able to find the exact postings I read that came in my email. But I hope to offer a suggestion about the Pricing Costs of funeral homes, collecting it and providing it on a national forum or board of some type as was being discussed.

I'm sure a lot of your readers (of the forum and blog) on this site are here are regular consumers with impending funeral plans, pre-need plan questions, or general funeral questions (like me). I am not a professional in the funeral industry, but I am a regular consumer who had an impending funeral and wanted to be sure I understood everything that might be brought up concerning it.

In the process of recently obtaining a simple cremaiton for my mother, I was given a Price List from a local funeral home that showed everything from simple cremation to standard and extravagant pricing for burial funerals and full cremation services. It might be beneficial to ask if any members or readers have obtained such lists recently and have them send a scanned copy to someone to collect and disseminate the information as appropriate. It may be a less bothersome way to collect the info. Just a suggestion.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Costs Surveys for Funeral Homes? 16 Nov 2010 11:35 #411

Many local FCA affiliates do funeral home price surveys every 2-3 years during which they collect GPLs from all the area funeral homes and distribute the price data to consumers. - Laurie
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You:
  • Page:
Moderators: pshaughnessy
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds