Discussion Forum and Mailing List

The FCA has created online forums to encourage discussion and the exchange of ideas and experiences among funeral consumers. Note that you must be a registered user of the site in order to post to the forum threads. To register, visit our home page and click "create an account" on the lower left-hand corner. There's also a Help section in the forums you can click on below.

For those who want a more detailed discussion with funeral consumer advocates and concerned industry people, try our email-based discussion list. To join the list, email: join-deathcare@hades.listmoms.netNOTE! - you must put the word gazelle in the subject line (this cuts down on spam-bots trying to join the list).

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: gazelle

gazelle 02 Nov 2010 16:23 #405

Membership databases: I am wondering what other chapters use to keep their member records. Our chapter has about 1200+ members. The current database is not used to keep records of current and past donations from members. We use Microsoft XP on an older computer but there is plenty of storage available. Does anyone use an off-the-shelf software that is really simple, reliable, and available -- and that they would recommend?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:gazelle 03 Nov 2010 05:28 #406

While I was on the board of the FCA of North Texas (FCANT), we investigated the Nonprofit Edition of following software for tracking past and current contributions. It can be integrated with membership lists in Word or Excel according to the web page. For contact (membership??) integration, QuickBooks Contact Sync is downloadable for free

We qualified with TechSoup and ordered the software about 2 years ago, but I cannot not report on the software operation. I no longer serve on the FCANT board, and our office manager who would have used the software recently resigned. However, the software is highly recommended by nonprofits in the Dallas TX area. It is worth researching.

QuickBooks Premier Editions 2010
(with 1 User License) (Includes Nonprofit Edition)

$45 for nonprofits with 501(c)(3) designation

TechSoup.org

http://home.techsoup.org/stock/pages/product.aspx?id=G-41872

Re:gazelle 16 Nov 2010 11:45 #413

Hi Julian,

FCA of Princeton has about 2,000 members and we use FileMakerPro. It's easy to use, but I don't know how easy it would be to set up; a volunteer set it all up for us and still acts as our technical advisor. For a long time we used Access and it was fine. FYI: One of our national board projects is finding an inexpensive db, preferably in a cloud, that could be used easily by affiliates. Stay posted!

Laurie Powsner

Re:gazelle 19 Dec 2010 22:26 #423

• Gresham
how many members do they have currently ?

Re:gazelle 21 Dec 2010 08:37 #426

How many members does who currently have?

Re:gazelle 04 Jan 2011 20:34 #432

• Gresham
lrpjak wrote:
How many members does who currently have?
what is your concern on knowing it ???
what you need to do with numbers !!!
  • Page:
Moderators: pshaughnessy
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds