Funeral Consumers Alliance is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting a consumer's right to choose a meaningful, dignified, affordable funeral. We do for funeral purchases what Consumer Reports does for products.
What We Can Do For You!
- Objective advice on all aspects of funeral planning including where to start, how to shop around, and how to stay within your budget.
- Your legal rights as a funeral consumer (or a do-it-yourself-er)
- Connect you to your local, nonprofit Funeral Consumers Alliance.
- Newsletters rounding up national issues affecting funeral choices and costs, scams to avoid, and creative ways to remember the dead
- Monitoring funeral industry trends and practices nationally and exposing abuses on our blog, The Daily Dirge.
- Serving as a consumer advocate for legal and regulatory reform
What You Can Do for Us!
- DONATE. As a nonprofit charity we exist because you support our unique work. And hey, you get a tax-deduction too! New donors get our Before I Go, You Should Kn funeral planning kit and our twice yearly Grim Reader.
- SHARE your questions and experiences with funeral planning. Leave us a comment or drop by our forum.