Funeral Consumers Alliance

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Discussion Forum and Mailing List

The FCA has created online forums to encourage discussion and the exchange of ideas and experiences among funeral consumers. Note that you must be a registered user of the site in order to post to the forum threads. To register, visit our home page and click "create an account" on the lower left-hand corner. There's also a Help section in the forums you can click on below.

For those who want a more detailed discussion with funeral consumer advocates and concerned industry people, try our email-based discussion list. To join the list, email: join-deathcare@hades.listmoms.netNOTE! - you must put the word gazelle in the subject line (this cuts down on spam-bots trying to join the list).

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rat hole establishment

Rat hole establishment 29 Nov 2011 20:15 #662

• Panhandlekid
We have my Mother at the local funeral home and the one she wanted. Money was not a issue with the service but the place is a dump. At least there were no dogs nor cats around today. I wrote a check to pay for the services and the office was so dirty and cluttered with food, old papers, baby toys and junk in general I had a hard time even finding a place to write the check. The back room has dog feces on the floor, the office has cases of food on the floor and the place looks like a pack of wolverines have just been there. Is there anything that can be done? It is a 50 mile drive to any other funeral home.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Rat hole establishment 30 Nov 2011 13:05 #664

Turn them into the Health Department in your area....and report them to their State Board that regulates funeral homes. Since you are in this situation, take pictures of everything you can. They won't think anything about you bringing a camera into the funeral home....just don't let them catch you in the back room where the dog droppings are.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

CAN'T AFFORD THE FUNERAL? We can show you how to bring the bill down significantly. Click here for advice