Funeral Consumers Alliance

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

Discussion Forum and Mailing List

The FCA has created online forums to encourage discussion and the exchange of ideas and experiences among funeral consumers. Note that you must be a registered user of the site in order to post to the forum threads. To register, visit our home page and click "create an account" on the lower left-hand corner. There's also a Help section in the forums you can click on below.

For those who want a more detailed discussion with funeral consumer advocates and concerned industry people, try our email-based discussion list. To join the list, email: join-deathcare@hades.listmoms.netNOTE! - you must put the word gazelle in the subject line (this cuts down on spam-bots trying to join the list).

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Natural Death

Natural Death 21 May 2009 22:38 #211

• elenora123
The Natural Death Centre's newsletter, NEWS & VIEWS – Autumn/Winter 2004/5, complements 'The Natural Death Handbook' with news and articles. It features: Advance Directives and the Mental Capacity Bill, making a Will, the grave reuse debate, time for crematoria to come clean, book reviews, letters, obituaries, events, and more. A 16-page newsletter now only available as a PDF (£1). Order online by secure credit card order.DO NOT GO GENTLE, edited by Neil Astley, is a collection of poems for funerals, suitable for all faiths and religions. This book includes classic verses of grief and consolation by Donne, Rossetti, Bronte, and Dickinson, but also poems by Rumi, Mary Oliver, Auden, Larkin and Carlos Williams.Whether you are looking for readings and poems, or just for words of consolation, this book will prove a godsend, and an excellent companion through difficult times
Elenora
attorney directory
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hi everybody 02 Aug 2009 05:38 #266

• amusu
Hi everybody,
I am new to this site.I hope this site will help me to understand quickly.
I would like to say "hi" to all members,Welcome to the forum.

Re:Natural Death 10 Jan 2010 20:29 #297

• sunnys01
In medicine, death by natural causes is a loosely-defined term used by coroners describing death when the cause of death was a naturally occurring disease process, or was not apparent given medical history or circumstances. (It may also be described as death by "multiple organ failure".) Thus, deaths caused by active human intervention (as opposed to the failure of medical intervention to prevent death) are excluded from this definition, and are described as unnatural deaths.[citation needed]
Note that "old age" is not a scientifically recognized cause of death; there is always a more proximal cause, such as cancer, heart disease, or liver failure (though the precise cause may be unknown in a particular case, and it could be one of a number of aging-associated diseases).
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2011 13:50 by edmcham.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds

CAN'T AFFORD THE FUNERAL? We can show you how to bring the bill down significantly. Click here for advice